https://udot-midvalleyhighway.pennapowers.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Midvalley-Highway-Logo-Latest-1.png 0 0 pennapowers https://udot-midvalleyhighway.pennapowers.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Midvalley-Highway-Logo-Latest-1.png pennapowers2018-05-16 21:00:052020-01-24 17:13:11Project Update
- A temporary traffic signal is being installed on S.R. 138 for the Midvalley Highway project. The signal will improve safety for all vehicles, providing safe access for haul trucks crossing and turning off S.R. 138. The green light will be steady for vehicles traveling on S.R. 138, and the red light will only be triggered by vehicles on Sheep Lane or those coming from the work site. Crews expect to activate the signal in early February, and it will be in place until the work in the area is complete.
- Construction crews are hauling material during the evenings from Grantsville and Stansbury between 6pm and 4am, Monday thru Friday. Crews will also be hauling materials during the day from 7am to 5pm, Monday thru Saturday. Please be aware of these haul trucks and drive with caution.
- Drivers can expect shoulder and periodic lane closures over the next several months between mileposts 94 – 96 on east and westbound I-80. Construction traffic will be entering and exiting work areas during the business hours of 7:00am – 5:30pm. Drivers with oversized loads are advised to use caution in this area.
- Shoulder and lane closures are being put into place to provide safe access for vehicles hauling roadway material.
- Crews have begun placing fill dirt along I-80 where the new interchange will be built. This will need to settle — along with the ground beneath it — to provide a solid foundation for new interchange bridges. This settlement process will likely last through 2020, so most new construction work will take place in 2021 when the interchange work can begin in earnest.